The MPO will open a public comment period on February 10, 2020 for an amendment to the Public Participation Plan (PPP). The comment period will conclude on March 26, 2020. Comments may be made by e-mail or by calling Anne McLaughlin at (239) 252-5884.
The amendment may be downloaded here PPP Amendment; all changes are shown in traditional strike-through underline. The amendment will address the following issues:
- Clarify the notification requirements for the Transit and Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan (TDSP)
- Respond to FHWA’s guidance provided at the Florida Metropolitan Planning Partnership (FMPP) Conference held in December 2019 indicating that FHWA is reviewing current MPO PPP’s for specific language regarding:
- Requirement to coordinate with federal land management agencies on the development of the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) and Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- Actual text of State and Federal Statutes
- Florida Sunshine Law notification requirements
The MPO Board will take action on the amendment after the public comment period has concluded. Click calendar to keep abreast of upcoming committee and Board meetings.